Leather and Cloth - BMX pivotal seat

Started by svasches, August 06, 2021, 07:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

svasches

Hi guys, so here I share an exercise I did a few weeks ago. I was playing with Rhino 7 subdivs and testing stitches. I'm quite happy with the result. Now I'd approach the stitches in a different way, but even for the macro shots, they don't look so bad. Not realistic but not bad xd.

I attach here the material graph and a detail of the stitches mapping. It is a bit of a mess, but it was a quick exercise :D
I hope this helps someone, and if you have any other approach to recommend for this I'd love to hear it!

KristofDeHulsters

I think I would do this kind of shape in clay modelling, I think it might be faster. Your curves look really good though and props for the stitching on the label, that also looks really good!

svasches

Yep, for this type of shape would be better to use clay. I was just trying something that I had at hand to model with subdivs

KristofDeHulsters

Quote from: svasches on August 06, 2021, 11:51:11 AM
Yep, for this type of shape would be better to use clay. I was just trying something that I had at hand to model with subdivs

Well, you did a good job at using surfaces. You would think it's done with clay modelling.

Josh3D

Love the detail. I think it worked out great!