Keyshot 10 + RTX Quadro 5000 16 GB Mobile

Started by Bacchinif6, September 12, 2021, 05:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacchinif6

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a laptop with a Quadro 5000 16 GB, but it's not clear to me IF Keyshot is using all of the GPU potential while rendering. From Task Manager I can clearly see that the GPU usage is set to 0%.

Is there a way to force GPU usage?

INNEO_MWo

In the task manager, you have to change to CUDA to see GPU performance.

Bacchinif6

Quote from: INNEO_MWo on September 12, 2021, 11:26:55 PM
In the task manager, you have to change to CUDA to see GPU performance.

Hey! Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, chaning the settings to CUDA I can clearly see that the GPU is using like 90-95%... which means that it is correctly running. Apart from that the overall usage is still not very high (max 10%). Is it normal?

Also, I'm experiencing some issues while applying denoise on the scene: I get several errors chosing specific light environments.

Erik Williams

Yes that is expected. You have a pretty powerful GPU and KeyShot will only use the amount of power necessary to work with your scene. In this case, only 1.9GB of your total memory was needed.
Regarding the errors you are seeing with specific environments, what is the exact error message you receive?
Do you have lights pinned in your environment?

If so, we have reported an issue where environments with pins added to a scene using both GPU and Denoise will result in an 'invalid image supplied to optix denoiser' error message.
Our developers are working on this issue now and hope to have it solved with the KeyShot 11 release.

In the meantime, this issue can be avoided by enabling Denoise and GPU after importing the environment.

Best Regards,

Erik Williams
Luxion Customer Support