Dr. LeRoy's Bi-Polarmorphing Engine

Started by Speedster, November 25, 2011, 02:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

Just can't get enough of medical devices and KeyShot 3.  This is the circa 1904 parlor office of Dr. Agustus LeRoy, the leading practicioner of Bi-Polarmorphing.  In fact, he invented the device now in common use, based on his principle of "balancing electrical vapours" by using a perfect exemplar Cerebrial Matrix as the balancing source.

Dr. LeRoy had worked as an assistant to the great Nicola Tesla before obtaining his Doctorate of Neurononsense at Crackinhead College of Medicine.  He took two courses, which qualified him for his degree and the right to practice medicine, as was common in the mid to late 19th Century.

A disclaimer:  With this piece I wanted to call attention to how serious illnesses were, and often still are, misdiagnosed and improperly treated.  The late 19th Century was awash in absurd scientific claims, quackery medicine and snake oil salesmen.  Hopefully, we've evolved past that...

Modeled in SolidWorks, rendered in KeyShot 3 Pro.  My lighting in HDR Light Studio Pro.  Tip to KS3/HDRLS users- it's now accessed via a small "EDIT" button on the Environment tab.  Amazing (green uranium glass) Klein Bottle is by Morgan Friday, from grabCAD.  Table, heavily modified, also from grabCAD, as was the perfect skull, chopped off the full skeleton.  Marble and wallpaper from samples on the web.  Took some time to adjust the wallpaper for a perfect seamless tiling.

Well, enough play time- back to designing real medical devices. 
Bill G

Speedster

So naturally, the second after I posted this, bragging about my "perfectly tiled" wallpaper, I notice it's really wacko.  Oh well, maybe it's time for a brainmorph!
Bill G

feher

Just amazing !!!!! I'm not worthy.
Call me blind but I don't see whats wrong with the tileing.
Keep them coming !
Tim

Speedster

Thanks, Tim!  Note there's a strange diagonal offset in the wallpaper pattern, running lower-left to upper-right, directly through and under Tesla's portrait.  I'm going to try to figure this out sometime, as it was not there in the tiling as I checked it in FilterForge.
Bill G

EGON

Hey Bill. Ever think of making a Blurb book?