Main Menu

White

Started by feher, November 25, 2011, 08:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

I feel the hardest paint color to do when it comes to cars is white paint.
Most cars I see that are white are either to metallic, close to being silver, or are blown out and you can't see the body lines of the car.
So I decided to do a all white car on a white background.
HDRLightStudio is what I used to create the dome.
Keyshot 3 for rendering.
Photoshop for post. Which was very little.
I'm happy with the results.
Please critique and let me know what you feel needs to be change or worked on more.
Enjoy.
Tim

nurbs28

That looks perfect. Any chance of sharing the material?  ;)

eze49

wow this is incredible!  i would be more interested in seeing the HDRI created in HDR Light studio :P - you have done an excellent job!

feher

Hi guys,
Thanks for the comments.
As for material there really isn't a secret formula when I do paint it's from scratch every time. The dome you use will dictate what you do with your paint. Here is what the material setting are for the white paint in this scene.

Here is the HDRI I created out of LightStudio. Again the dome is created for that Vehicle at that angle. If I would do a different angle I would have to update the dome. More then likely this dome would not work for a different vehicle.

eze49

Cool stuff, thank you so much for sharing!  I realize a lot of this is different in each case, but havent used hdr light studio live yet, and after seeing your amazing work was super curious as to what was done to create it.  I am starting to learn how crucial 'painting' in the hdr is in keyshot, ive recently been playing with using emissive panels but i feel this is going to provide much better results! I've also been playing with painting the hdr in photoshop but it just seems like a drawn out guessing game compared to hdr light studio :P

pishone

Amazing !!! Thanks For Sharing :)

fario

oh! thank you very much for this material! :))

here's a little ... tips,  to copy something exactly the same color in keyshot (MAC)

cordially

http://screencast.com/t/Xbqbzvqfvr

Antoine

degruch

Brilliant! Thanks Tim  ;D

I agree, white is an absolute cow to get right, and half our clients want white products, of course. Now, if I can just get those tightwads to spring for a mirrored finish instead of etch, I'll really be happy! Meanwhile, off to render some cars. :)

Josh3D

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know I posted this on the blog! http://blog.keyshot.com/render-white-paint-material-hdrilightstudio-keyshot/

Thanks so much Tim!

Josh

caden2010

The rendered picture looks really good.

Thanks also for the screen cast Antoine. Makes material colour selection very easy (on a Mac). However, there does not appear to be the same opition in PC version of Keyshot3 or am I missing something?

The colour selection tab on a PC version is as attached.

Thanks, Stuart

feher

Hi Guys,
I have an update to this image. The more I looked at it the more I thought it could use some more depth. So I went at it.
What do you think better or worse ?
Tim

Ed

Subtle change, but definitely better.  Pops out more from the background and I see more definition in the hood scallops.

Ed