MacBook Pro 16 2021 - Good enough?

Started by levystore, October 25, 2021, 02:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levystore

Hi all!
I've never experienced Keyshot renders on Mac (Windows desktop only) and would be keen to know more about it.
I plan to get the new MacBook Pro 16 2021 (https://www.apple.com/macbook-pro-14-and-16/specs/), do you think this is powerful enough to make basic renders (not animations), and interior renderings? Especially with this GPU.
I am very keen to get your feedbacks on it.
Thanks!

TGS808

That GPU is not going to be recognized by KeyShot. As it stands, KeyShot only supports using NVIDIA RTX graphic cards. There is no GPU support on Mac at all. I'm not sure if that's changing anytime soon. Something to consider before buying, if GPU rendering is a "make or break" feature for you.

mattjgerard

Also, egpu's lost support on the macbooks a while ago, and from what it sounds like they aren't going to be working any time soon. Which is a shame.

schneich

not too bad, double the first M1....

mattjgerard

such a contrast to the previous thread i just read which was about 3d Off the Page's Dual Epyc monster that clocked in with a 17+

Lan

Has anyone run a benchmark on the new M1 Pro chip? Considering buying a 14" M1 Pro MBP soon and would love to see the performance. Thanks