KeyShot 3 Material Online Library

Started by Blunk, November 28, 2011, 01:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunk

Hi everyone in the KeyShot community.

I have some web skill and im wondering if you guys would like me to create a website where we can upload and share custom materials.

If you didnt know, now KeyShot 3 let you import and export materials and create a nice package to share :D

Would you like the web and visit it once a week?
Would you help building and sharing new materials? (You will create it, render a sample, and upload de sample + the material package)

Cheers

Arnaud

fario

very good idea, how to .... Maxwell Render:)

but the sauce Keyshot better! :)

Antoine

jhiker

PhilippeV8

Blunk

Great to see people intrested!

Lets begin coding then.
Start getting some nice materials to share :D

If anyone wants to help me with code or design just PM me :D

Pascal

I have wanted this for so long. Great to have someone actually do it! I'm in.

Pascal

JKersh

I got this idea last year but didnt get very far due to time.  If you want to use it, I own the domain www.sharemymaterials.com

Let me know.

contact [at] jkersh.com

Imz

I'd be totally interested... I'm wading into KS3, and the (apparent) lack of materials is a bummer...

Speedster

Hi Imz;
I'm puzzled by your comment on lack of materials in KS3.  I have 690 materials, some mine, so I guess about 660 stock materials.  Do you have the full download?  I will say the materials to date are awesome, and I know there's a ton more coming.
Bill G

JeffM

609 are in the installer :)

Please do let us know if there are some specific types that you feel would be good to include in the default library.

We do plan to offer some more packs online to extend the library.

jhiker

Quote from: JeffM on December 06, 2011, 05:33:47 PM

We do plan to offer some more packs online to extend the library.

Are these likely to be free or chargeable?

dmcm

some more fabrics would be great, like a standard canvas and some more technical fabrics like found on suitcases, rucksacks and sports shoes. for now i will experiment building my own.

joshb

This could be either a forum or a link on the Keyshot site itself. Just need to talk the KS guys into supporting it... :)