Main Menu

First Post Milktea

Started by inacolbau, November 12, 2021, 07:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inacolbau

Hi! this is my first post... I'm not sure if this qualifies as amazing, but I am fairly new to keyshot and  I know I still have a lot to learn and experiment with but I am just so happy I wanted to share :-)

This was a finished project but during that time, I spent so much time on photoshop with post production fixing so many things that I didn't get quite right within keyshot.  So I have obsessively been trying to learn how to do this render without or with minimal post production work.

The 3D model was made in Rhino and I used the collision detection to scatter the tapioca balls inside the cup and on top.  I used purely procedural textures for all with the exception of the condensation which is a droplet texture added as a bump and displacement.  I did a lot of layering and mixing up of marble and granite for the syrup and milk portion - mostly translucent and plastic materials layered on liquid. 

This is not a high resolution render - Only 100 passes or even less for these, since I was testing it out, but no post production done on these images :-) which is what I have been trying so hard to do and I think I finally achieved (I think if ever it would need some minor photoshop tweaks if I did a final render at full size)

I'm giving full credit to all I learned from Will Gibbons' master class tutorials - I've learned so much, and he graciously replied with tips when I reached out for help. So, I labeled this the Gibboba Milk Tea! Thanks again Will!

Just happy to share - any helpful suggestions for improvement would also be greatly appreciated :-)

Josh3D

Hi inacolbau! Welcome. For being new to KeyShot, I think you're off to a GREAT start. This looks really good. I think some in-context shots would be great to try too. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!