Main Menu

Model Set Thumbnail

Started by multitech, November 16, 2021, 06:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

multitech

Please add an option to set Model Set thumbnails to auto generate after each rendering of that set.  It's confusing to manage dozens of Model Sets where the thumbnails never match the final rendered image.  I know you can manually render the thumbnail, but I constantly forget.  :-[

INNEO_MWo

I guess that this feature might be not practical, if KeyShot renders dozen of thumbnails with no need.
Maybe an update feature that will be triggered by a specific action and updates geometry shaders, HDRI's and last model set and studio thumbnails can be useful?! (Or an auto remember tool, like the save reminder)

TGS808

Quote from: multitech on November 16, 2021, 06:21:16 AM
I know you can manually render the thumbnail, but I constantly forget.  :-[

Put post it note on your screen to remind you to do it. Problem solved.

multitech

Instead of generating a thumbnail after each rendering, maybe it would be better if it was triggered after geometry is moved, visibility state changed, or imported into that Model Set.

TGS808, Well played sir! =)

theAVator

Quote from: multitech on November 17, 2021, 07:11:21 AM
if it was triggered after geometry is moved, visibility state changed, or imported into that Model Set.

Maybe if a new camera is saved it renders a new thumb of that camera view or something? Or at least prompts if you want to update thumbs? I guess it wouldn't have to be an automatic action that happens but could be a prompt to say "is this something you would like to do?" or maybe even when you save the file it asks if you want to update thumbnails with the current camera views...
I run into this too where I'm running a few different versions or subsets of the models and constantly forget to save a new thumbnail for myself. some sort of action or prompt would be great. It's not an over the top issue if it doesn't happen, but a nice little quality of life improvement.