Multiple aspect ratios, aka...

Started by RRIS, November 19, 2021, 02:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRIS

... working with multiple backplates of different sizes in one project.

I really wish Keyshot had a way of locking a render aspect ratio to whatever backplate/environment I'm using. As an example, I have this project now where I need to do a number of packshots, and a few backplate visualisations. Of course the backplates have different sizes to the packshots, and I need to make damn sure I've had my coffee in the morning before starting to render, because before you know it I end up with a bunch of packshot renders with the same aspect ratio of whatever the last environment with a backplate was that I was working with. It's pretty obvious if you're working with square vs. 16:9, but if it's more subtle, it's just a problem waiting to happen.

It's kind of maddening how this is still a thing in version 10 of this software. Maybe it's been requested before, but this just cost me a bunch of hours this morning, so I guess it's worth repeating.

There are two places in Keyshot where you can input info on render/viewport size, but both of them are global values and not configurable per render. Please make this something that is part of an image style, environment, studio or whatever.

Eric Summers

+1 from me! I think I had mentioned or requested this at some point in the past because I had been burned by it too. It would be nice to see it as an option for studios, image styles or even cameras. As a long term temporary workaround I have been putting the aspect ratio in the camera name so I don't forget.