Problem with Scattering Medium

Started by onixer, December 28, 2021, 09:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onixer

Hi, perhaps someone faced such a problem - that if a scene needs several objects with  scattering Medium, the primitives on which you apply the material-create around themselves - oriol (shadow-edge).
My main goal is to create 10 clouds - I put each cloud in a box - but then they will lay on top of each other. Perhaps there is an option how to solve this?

Zeltronic

Well Keyshot is not very good to manage several boxes with vdb  when they intersect , I haved faced same problem, product mode look to have less troubles but it's not perfect and you could see this problem even in this mode and when boxes intersect :( maybe keyshot 11 wil manage vdb in a better way :)

onixer

It's a pity, But thanks for the answer. I would also like to hear the opinion of the developers on this glitch, this is the official forum - why are you silent?

TGS808

Quote from: onixer on December 30, 2021, 02:41:56 AM
I would also like to hear the opinion of the developers on this glitch, this is the official forum - why are you silent?

When/if one of them sees this, they'll respond . No one is being, "silent" or hiding answers from you.

mattjgerard

Quote from: onixer on December 30, 2021, 02:41:56 AM
It's a pity, But thanks for the answer. I would also like to hear the opinion of the developers on this glitch, this is the official forum - why are you silent?

This is not the official tech support forum. Couple years ago they split off the official "ticket" based tech support so they could better track bugs and support issues. You can get a hold of them here- https://luxion.freshdesk.com/support/home

onixer

Thank you, I will try. Becouse here is silence(

DT

I've run into this.  My workaround was to use studios to render the vdb separately and then comp in post.