Exposed Welding - Clay

Started by Marco DI, February 23, 2022, 12:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marco DI

Hello community, I hope you are having a good week! 8) I wanted to share with you some images that I created these last weeks, testing some textures and applying the welding rings in some parts of this stool design that I have modelled just to practice its visualization.

Any feedback is welcome.  :)

RRIS

Really well done! One thing that bugs me a little is the obvious scratch on the height adjuster. The product looks brand new otherwise, so a bit weird so see such an isolated imperfection. I'd just remove it. Or, make many more and scale them down a lot. A dent of that size makes me think it got slammed into a metal cabinet or something. I'd like to see a bit more of the leather as well, looks really good!

Marco DI

Quote from: RRIS on February 23, 2022, 12:54:23 AM
Really well done! One thing that bugs me a little is the obvious scratch on the height adjuster. The product looks brand new otherwise, so a bit weird so see such an isolated imperfection. I'd just remove it. Or, make many more and scale them down a lot. A dent of that size makes me think it got slammed into a metal cabinet or something. I'd like to see a bit more of the leather as well, looks really good!
Thanks for your feeedback, I'll do some adjustments to those scratches. And also I´ll add some shots from the leather texture. :)

RRIS

Quote from: Marco DI on February 23, 2022, 01:14:29 AM
Thanks for your feeedback, I'll do some adjustments to those scratches. And also I´ll add some shots from the leather texture. :)

A small tip, but scratches typically remove the surface treatment of a material, so in this case I'd expect the scratches to be more of a chrome like finish instead of the anodized look you have now. So, try to use the texture for your scratches not just as a bump map, but also as an opacity mask for a label ( a chrome metal in this case).

Marco DI

now that I've had a bit of time, here's an update of the textures. 

Josh3D

NICE. Those textures are beautiful. Well done!

KimNorris

Marco, it's really looking awesome man!  :) Just remove those scratches, if possible!

Marco DI

Quote from: KimNorris on March 14, 2022, 08:25:56 AM
Marco, it's really looking awesome man!  :) Just remove those scratches, if possible!

Thanks! I will do it!