Detailed Texturing - Photo to Render

Started by Jayesh Patil, May 30, 2022, 09:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayesh Patil

This was my late submission for Will gibbon's Discord Challenge.

This one took more time than I thought it would. Couldn't find the exact models and textures but my main objective was to capture the ambience in the reference picture.

Picture by Dominykas Liberis, https://www.behance.net/gallery/138793235/chajka.

The reason to choose this image was because of the lighting and mood, which I have always loved in Dominykas Liberis's Images and wanted to give it a try.

Also there are some more shots I got from this scene.

Models from https://wirewheelsclub.com
Textures From Quixel Megascans.

Feedbacks are welcome.
More shots at instagram @jayesh_id

First is the real photograph.

froyect

Hossein Alfideh

Great work! I love the color grading and the mood a lot!
My only criticism is that the roughness on the body paint is way too much for my taste. It almost made it look like a leather material. I would go with a more glossy metallic paint with a little bit of noise map as a subtle bump, then use the same roughness map that you used to add a little bit of imperfection to the surface. This was just my 2 cents, great work overall. Specially with the lighting! Keep it up!

Jayesh Patil

Thanks for the insight Hossein,
I have a glossy one rendering right now as well. I will share it as soon as it renders which is an eternity later because of those volumetrics  :-[   :D

Jayesh Patil

Here are some more and refined shots, with a glossy paint on the hood.

Hossein Alfideh

Now we're talking!! I love it! and great new camera angels as well! Keep it up!
Since you're doing great with the mood creation, I have a suggestion for you for your upcoming scene if you like to give it a try! Use the same car model but this time, I imagine seeing it in a gas station, night time, a cool market in the corner and bunch of cool lights! It would be great! I think there are millions of inspirations on Pinterest as well!

Josh3D

Crazy good. And just love the mood as well.

Will Gibbons

Those last two shots look really nice!

Jayesh Patil

@Hossein Alfideh Thanks for the suggestion. I think it will be a good excercise for me to control and optimise scenes in keyshot using Physical Lights. I would like to give it a try. ;)