Midjourney Ai to Keyshot - Ai genrated materials

Started by Jayesh Patil, June 14, 2022, 03:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayesh Patil

Hi all,

So I have been playing with this Midjourney Ai, which is basically a tool which generates images with a text description/Prompt and was fascinated with the results I was getting.
Ofcourse I couldn't resist trying it to generate photorealistic materials.
So here are the explorations I did with some simple prompts such as "Stone tiling texture", "Damaged marble texture" and "Cosmic Wooden Flooring" with some modifiers.

The images that came out of Midjourney were not tileable, as I imagined. So a little bit of Photoshop is used to make it tileable.
Normal map and  displacement map for stone and marble were made in Photoshop using the same image by just adjusting the Levels.

Left image is Midjourney and right side is the Tileable texture made in Photoshop.

Will be exploring and sharing more about this.
Instagram - jayesh_id

RRIS

Will Gibbons

This is really clever. Nice work and I'd like to follow your progress here. I see this as a great use of an AI tool.

Jayesh Patil

Quote from: Will Gibbons on June 15, 2022, 11:27:18 AM
This is really clever. Nice work and I'd like to follow your progress here. I see this as a great use of an AI tool.
Thankyou for those kind words Will.

Jayesh Patil

Josh3D

germannick

Those are great and a fantastic way to create more precise materials for keyshot. Well done!