Main Menu

another intake

Started by aebstract, December 08, 2011, 10:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aebstract

So I had another thread up and said I would work on some things and come back. Tim has helped me some through email giving me tips and pointers and I just got back on to the motorsports projects, so here is my last render as of this morning. This is raw render, no touch-ups. All comments and critique are welcome :)

Nero7

Nice shot, but why is it yellow inside the intake?

PhilippeV8

... which in real, turns out to be copper ... it's right there in the library !! :p ;)

aebstract

Nothing in the library looked right and I know that what I have doesn't look right, I'll work on it with my next one but a lot of the intakes usually don't have the throttle body on it so it wasn't a detail I've been paying any attention to.

PhilippeV8

well you see .. the reason why we keep going on about that detail .. is simply because the rest is just very very good ;)

Speedster

What I've noticed about the default brass and copper is that they are too "bright" and the value is too high.  I darken brass and copper quite a bit, but seldom tweak anything else except perhaps adding a tiny bit of roughness to break the glare.
Bill G

feher

Getting better ! You have come a long way from the first images you did on intakes. Still a few things I would tweak but, you'er close. I emailed you my comments.
Can't wait to see the next one.
Tim