Keyshot for high quality interior renders?

Started by Jakerlund, December 14, 2011, 08:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakerlund

Hello,

I have spent hours tonight browsing the forum for some really good interior renders without finding any fantastic ones.
Products, jewelry, cars and such are looking stunning though.
My situation is i'm quite new to 3D and are loving Blender 2.6 and while Cycles render is looking better by the day i can't stop being blown away what Keyshot can do, how easy it seems to use and i find myself rising the bar for quality rendering very fast.

I looked into V-Ray for Blender and again was blow away by it's quality, but also sad to see how hard it seems to be to set it all up to get those results.

I'm also looking at Indigio render which also is cheaper than KS and does amazing interior/indoor shots while looking reasonably easy to use.

What are your insight on this?

I'm absolutely not trying to do a this program is better than this thing.. i just want to know what to expect of KS.
Check the Indigio gallery for interior shots
http://www.indigorenderer.com/image-galleries/interiors

Has anyone some KS interior/indoor renders that are up to that level?

Best regards

PhilippeV8

It's not quite as good as most in that galery, but I work on this in between other jobs ..
Since in KS most light comes from the HDRI, you have to leave half your building out or at least the roof off to get enough light inside your scene.

Jakerlund

Philippe, nice design!

I was afraid that it was like you said, fantastic for objects lit with HDRI and not practical for indoor scenes.
As a hobby person KS becomes a bit to expensive if i can't use it for both indoor and product scenes.
Maybe future KS versions will include lights and light groups as well so we can put those inside scenes.

Merry X-mas  :)

fario

noooooonnnnn especially no lights, no, no, no!

With Keyshot, we do not lose more time to adjust the lighting with spots, etc. (unwanted shadows ...)... one earns a lot of time as ...

In some cases, you lose a little refinement, but I'd rather save time than to lose in multiple settings.

This is the strength of Keyshot.

Cordially.

Antoine

seblezinzin

Yes, but we can have both, The hdri lighting is the strength of KS I'm agree with Antoine,
But, me too, I make interior renderings, and it's hard to create a beautiful render, and so it's a long post-production work....

And the Emissive materials is good for reflect but not good for create spot, I'm bug ( big noise in reflections...)