Main Menu

Bugreport

Started by Mike_H, December 16, 2011, 07:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_H

Hi All,

Just installed the long awaited Keyshot 3.  At first all seemed well but on restarting the programme I was confronted with a black screen.  Thinking this easrly release would be buggy I applied the update (3.0.82) and all returned to normal.  The next day I started the programme to get the black screen once more.  Again I was able to update (to 3.0.90) and again all seemed OK.  Then I shut down & restarted once more.... Back to black!  I'm mystified and as far as I can see nothing else appears on the forums relating to this problem.  Incidentally if one loads an existing BIP file although it cannot be seen in the main screen it does render. 

FYI. I'm using 64bit XP on a quad-core machine with four GHz RAM.  The graphics card is an Nvidia Quadro FX 1700. 

KeyShot

Hi Mike,

This sounds quite strange, and the first time I hear about it. Have you tried updating your display driver? What happens if you resize the output window?

-- Henrik

Mike_H

Hi Henrik,

When I open Keyshot the window always reverts to my secondary screen and is not fullscreen.  I habitually pull the window to my main screen (I use the second screen for tools etc.) and resize it to fill the screen.  If I have got the correct interface (ie Not black) the programme responds properly but if the window is black I get a crash report.  I have attached screengrabs and the two files refered to in the hope it sheds some light on matters.

And, yes my display drivers are recent downloads. 

If it helps to know such things I do still have Keyshot 2 installed and am falling back on it to keep up with workflow.  I also have had the demo V3 on the machine which I was using to explore the new version pre-launch of the floating licence download.

Regards,

Mike.

idesignstuff

I'm also running XP 64 on an nvidia graphics card, and have experienced the same thing. I feel like a beta tester this week.

KeyShot

We are looking into this. It does seem like it is related to the graphics driver. We will see if we can find a work around.

idesignstuff

Here's one I got this PM while moving a small part using the "move object" command. I hit "done" and got this crash report.

KeyShot

We have addressed a rare issue in KeyShot 3.1 that may be affecting you. If you contact support then we can set you up with a beta that you can try to see if it addresses the problems you are seeing on your machine.