Keyshot 3 crashes when using HDRI Light Studio Plugin

Started by Zander85, December 29, 2011, 03:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zander85

Here is the scenario:

1. I open my KS 3 scene (simple ring with short 5 sec animation)
2. I go to my environment tab and select (edit)
3. HDRI LS loads. I click on the background button and load up an hdri file to use as a starting point for my light rig.
4. I create and scale a synthetic light in HDRI LS.
5. When I start to move the synthetic light around within the HDRI LS canvas, Keyshot 3 crashes.

I have tried using multiple hdri files for my background, but it crashes every time. This is a problem.  :(

KeyShot

We have an update coming shortly that fixes this issue.

-- Henrik

Zander85

Zander85

Actually this problem has put one of my assignments on hold. Keyshot3 crashes so frequently when using the HDRI Light Studio plugin.  :'(

Zander85

I also wanted to mention that I am not able to choose a size when I try to render my HDRI Light Studio Canvas, (the drop down menu us simply greyed out and un-selectable). I'd love to post this in their forums but their forums have not been up for months.  >:(

Speedster

The KS3/HDR-LightStudio is a known problem that the keyShot Team is working on. 
QuoteWe have an update coming shortly that fixes this issue.

-- Henrik
See the related post under "Rants".  If you have KS2, just drop your model in, don't worry about materials or anything (unless they are critical to your lighting) and create your HDR-LS dome.  Copy it over to KS3 and you are good to go, pending the fix.
Bill G

Zander85

Fortunately ks developers have made significant improvements to making the hdri light studio plugin run with much more stable in KS version 3.0.93. So you can use it in KS3 if you dl the new update.  8)

.. still crashes sometimes but not while moving lights around in the hdri LS canvas

Speedster

Actually, I'm on 3.0.93, and everything crashes whenever I attempt to add or reposition a light in HDRLS.  But I'm patient!
Bill G

Seggy