Open it UP! Don't cover UP the Dynamite - By Solomon

Started by kssolo, December 30, 2011, 04:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kssolo

Hi Keyshot Developers,

First of all "BIG THANKS and KUDOS" for bringing up the GREATEST RENDERER OF ALL TIME. My SPECIAL THANKS to Mr.Henrik Wann Jensen.

I was blown away by the "power" of Keyshot in terms of Speed and Quality and second to none, BUT the way in which Keyshot is packaged for Artist/Designer is SIMPLY AWEFULL, I REALLY MEAN IT. This is suppose to be a pro software with lots of controls for highend Designers/Artists and you guys are packaging it to be a "Simpler to use" app. I mean you have taken a Dynamite and packaged it to be a festival cracker.

I would like to see the following features in Keyshot so that I can throw away my Renderman, Mentalray,VRAY or the future promising Bakery relight or Arnold Renderer.
-Ability to paint light on a Sphere(Refer to zBrush workflow) which creates a HDRI image and can be used as a lighting map for the Keyshot Scenes.
-Import Maya Cameras Animation. I mean Completely respect Imported Animations of Lights, Objects and Cameras. Otherwise a super cool feature would be an ability to import Alembic files so that we can import animation of all kinds of deformed geometry.
-Delayed Load of Hirez geometry during Render time so that we can render cities and Forests.
-Render passes(AOV - Arbitrary Output Variables) - Must for Artists man.
-Ability to Render Fur, Hair, Fluids, Fuzzy material like cloud/Smoke. ... mm Add Plants/Trees/Terrains and Ecosystem as well :)
-Last BUT not least "EVERY PARAMETER" needs to be animatable. I am not asking too much I bet :)

Open it UP! Don't cover UP the Dynamite.
Hope you guys have greater ambition of taking keyshot to next level.

"Things should be simple BUT not simpler" - Albert Einstein. (Keyshot is a kind of product not to be made simpler for "silly" table top product shots or turntable Animations BUT next Avatars, Transformers .... hey why not next Cars movie?!!!.)

Open it UP! Don't cover UP the Dynamite Guys. Wake up KeyShot.

Thanks for your time.
Solomon.

m2tts

Quote from: kssolo on December 30, 2011, 04:18:23 AM
"silly" table top product shots

"Silly" table top product shots help our clients make informed decisions about products that end up in millions of homes, offices, hospitals.... Nothing silly about a product that makes it easy for us "Other" artists to create physically real, useful, intuitive, and engaging product experiences.

eric

No, no,

Keyshot shoot remain a high quality point and shoot.
Please keep things simple.

For the ones who want to fine tune and adjust everything to fill their valuable time, just stick to Maxwell or Vray or whatever.
In fact I use it side by side and I find myself more and more using the quicker solution.

I think the more options it gets the more I start looking again at other software.

I think the best thing of Keyshot is its minimalistic approach and its quick way of getting good result.
It is a lot harder to keep it simple at a good quality level than to open up all the features and let the user fool around finding the best result.

DriesV

Does Luxion really want KeyShot to be a direct Renderman (or any other feature film renderer) contender?
I'm not so sure they do.

For me personally the greatest strength of KeyShot IS its ease of use and by that I mean the ability to render out great shots without the need of going through many manuals and tutorials first.
I'm not afraid myself to dive deeply into manuals, but others simply don't have the time or patience for it.
At the company where I work there was a need for a renderer to make clean marketing shots. The renderer was to be operated by someone who has absolutely no prior 3D CAD (or even loosely CAD related) experience. Out of all renderers available I advised the company to buy KeyShot.

When I make some templates with basic scenes, in which 3D models can be swapped, and layout a material library I KNOW that that person will be able to use KeyShot to create the images that they need.
I couldn't see that happening using Vray, Maxwell or any other renderer for that matter. For this kind of user group an uncluttered, uncomplicated, clean, clear interface and a clear linear workflow is worth a million.

I think it would be fairly easy for Luxion to make KeyShot more flexible to cater to ALL CG markets, but then Keyshots main selling point of being a 1-2-3 solution would be completely omitted.
It's a dangerously thin line to walk...

greetings,
Dries

Ed

"  ... This is suppose to be a pro software with lots of controls "

Who said it's supposed to have lots of controls?

Try Octane if you like an infinite number of sliders.

Ed