KS3 Realtime settings effect render image

Started by Zauto, January 05, 2012, 10:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zauto

A problem one of our users is having is this "The final render appears to be directly affected by the  realtime settings. Ex. Included: 1st “final” render done immediately after opening the file. 2nd “final” render done after file was open for 5 min.

guest84672

feher

I'm a little confussed at what your trying to say. Are the images you posted realtime renders or raytraced renders ?

If you do not have Detailed indirect illumination checked in the settings tab under advance. Your realtime will look different usally darker then the raytraced render. When you do a raytace render it will render with Detailed indirect illumination. If you render in realtime then you have to check that for it to render with it on.
I guess what I'm trying to say is this. If you are going to do a raytrace render you will want to have Detailed indirect illumination checked in your settings tab. That way you will see exactly what your going to get when you render. If having it check slows you down just remember to turn it on before you render so you know what the final render will look like.
I hope that helps.
Tim

Zauto

The user already had detailed indirect illumination checked in the app when these screen captures were taken.
So it was like the raytracer was acting like it was the realtime render.  Truly bizarre as I was watching as this was
happening.  No settings had been changed. 

Chad Holton

Zauto

Zauto

Looks like the newest update has fixed this problem.