Adding to my car collection

Started by Speedster, January 11, 2012, 05:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

I need a bigger garage!  Here's the latest addition to my automobile collection- a 1915 Ford Model TT Stake Bed Truck. You can see the others on my website.   SolidWorks and KeyShot 3 Pro.  3.0.96 to be exact.

The first image is a backplate I shot at the San Diego Automobile Museum in Balboa Park.  For the KeyShot logo, I modeled up a domed disc, dropped it into a new .bip, along with my original backplate.  Sized and perspective matched the disc to exactly match and mask an existing BMW sign, and dropped on the KeyShot emblem.  Rendered it out to use as my final backplate.  My own dome of many-array lights in HDR-LightStudio Pro, which works fine now in 3.0.96.

The last shots are box-stock "Alaskan Forest" HDR dome and backplates from KeyShot. A great HDRI, but difficult to use, as are all outdoor HDRI's.  I wish someone would shoot some high in the Colorado Rockies, and in the canyons of Utah. I should rent a camera and small motorhome and hit the road!  And yes, the old headlights did burn slightly yellow, partly the early bulbs and mostly the nickel plate reflectors.

Comments always welcome and appreciated!

Bill G

www.GouldStudios.com

youknowwho4eva

No white walls? No chrome Ford? And the fabrics need a little work. Other than that, I'm liking.

feher

Very Cool Bill ! Love this stuff.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

guest84672

The only thing you may need is some dirt on the tires. Other than that - awesome!

Speedster

Yep, my next goal is to learn to paint in CS5.  A lot of my stuff would look so much better "dirty". 

For whatever it's worth, there is a method to my madness with these projects, aside from being a nice departure from medical devices, which I can never share.  I'm creating fine art prints and blackline drawings for modelers, but mostly I'm building a collection for a book on the Model T and it's many custom body styles.  Plus, they're fun!

Bill G