Main Menu

White 2

Started by feher, January 22, 2012, 03:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Hi guy's just a little something I played around with today. Trying to give some life to a studio shot. Also I wanted to do as little retouch as possible.
The only thing I did when it came to retouch is:  background and some highlights on the Charger.

Maya
Keyshot
HDRILightStudio 3
Photoshop
Comments welcome.

Tim

Speedster

Wow!  The background is stunning, and spot on for the subject.  I personally think the tires could use a little Armor All, and there's something odd about the orangish, rather solid looking, turn signals...  But again, Wow!  Nice job!  And I really like how you use a subtle border to crisp it all up.
Bill G

feher

Thanks Bill for stopping by and commenting. I will fix turn signal and tires.
Thanks
Tim

feher

OK, updated image per Bill's request.
Tim

guest84672

Very cool - awesome work as always, Tim!

Ed

Great composition Tim.  I'm a fan of your backgrounds.  Maybe write a PS background tutorial for the KeyShot Blog?  As you know, the background can make the difference between a good render and a great render.

Ed

Speedster

Yaaaahhh...!!!
Bill G

feher

Thanks guy's glad you like it.

I was still not satisfied so I did some more work on it. I'm done now....lol
This is the final image I promiss.
They are little changes. but they do add up.
Tim

Imz

Nice Job!

I'm having... challenges... giving white objects "life" without cheating and reflecting another object in them.

Would you mind posting a snapshot of the HDRI environment you created for this shot? I'm curious how complicated it need to be.

Cheers!

Josh3D

Wow, look incredible Tim. That tun signal looks great :)

feher

Thanks guys !
Here is a jpeg of what the HDRI looked like.
Tim

Imz

Thanks for the snapshot of the HDR; It definitely helps give me some sense of how you achieved your results.

Imz

Josh3D

Awesome. Yes, thanks for the HDR. A user over on the KeyShot Facebook page was asking about it as well! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=355233311170710&set=a.150550678305642.27167.146897758670934&type=1&theater

feher

Quote from: josh3d on January 31, 2012, 06:17:51 AM
Awesome. Yes, thanks for the HDR. A user over on the KeyShot Facebook page was asking about it as well! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=355233311170710&set=a.150550678305642.27167.146897758670934&type=1&theater
Josh,
This is not a HDR, but, it shows what it looked like.