New machine - grafic card

Started by chillout, January 29, 2012, 12:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillout

I hope this is the right place to put my question. I was busy on a project for school with my dell studio 15. After a while my Solidworks started to form blocks and it had a hard time. After this it wasn't possible to open my model in Keyshot 2.2 with all my solids (+300 parts).

Now my question is which grafic card I need to buy. Quadro's are good for my solidworks and goes up to more than 300 parts. But are those cards also good for Keyshot?

I'm a fan of Dell and I check the promotion regular. For Dell it is not a option to put a card like Qoadro I think. But I will optain for a new one. This is what I saw: 

Intel

Chad Holton

Buy whatever it takes to get by with SW. KeyShot will be good with any card, even integrated graphics will work just fine. Focus more on CPU cores with KS, the more the merrier.

m2tts

Chillout; You need one of Dell's Precicion workstation laptops to get a Quadro card. They work just fine with KeyShot. As Chad says, cpu's are more important for KeyShot. SW will run just fine without a Quadro in most cases, you just won't have RealView. We have people running SW on Mac Book Pro's just fine though no RealView (which they don't care about).

chillout

Ok this makes my decision a lot easier, thanks!