Apache Longbow chopper

Started by fxman31, January 31, 2012, 02:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fxman31

Hi,
The model was downloaded from the net..but textured & rendered with keyshot...
I could not find motion blur in keyshot so i used an opacity map on the alternate rotors...

;) c my profile on http://www.coroflot.com/fxman31  :D

PhilippeV8

Ow I love this machine :)
I used to have a Longbow game ... makes you feel invincible .. just like it's OK to go around and blow stuff up.  :D
Your render is quite dramatic !
If it were me, I'd just make the green a bit darker or give it a bit less gamma.
Good job !

fxman31

Hi PhilippeV8 thanx for the comments..i'll keep that in mind & do it..but i will have to do the whole render & post again....but yes now that u mention it ..it does look like that..i'll do it.. np..

thanks once again...

cheers... :)

feher

NICE ! I would love to see you push this image even more.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Zander85

Agreed try to do something interesting with those propeller blades. Maybe ad a ton of motion blur or try combining multiple renders to see where you can take this. Very cool!  8)

fxman31

Hi everyone yes i will push it more to the limits but please can anyone of you guys help me as how to get motion blur in keyshot...
I would be really grateful...on the site it said & also showed an animation of a fan with glow & motion blur...

Thanks everyone for the input will surely do it..Thanks all..peace. :)

PhilippeV8

For reference I'll add a real photo here ... I did a google image search and on all pictures there is only 4 blades visible ... I was going to suggest adding a disk and make it almost transparent, but when looking at real images it's obvious NOT the right way to go  ;)
Don't think motion blur is possible with KS.  Might be a trick to do it, but my best guess is doing it in post ... maybe even render the blades alone, do the motion blur in PS and then add it to the render .. ?

Imz

I agree with the other comments- I think it's a great start.

In general it has a bit of a "video game" look... The canopy wouldn't be fully reflective, perhaps the rotor blades more blurred, and the painted surfaces darker and with a little more roughness maybe?

Tim Wolf

PhilippeV8 suggested: "render the blades alone, do the motion blur in PS and then add it to the render"

I followed his suggestion, and here is my result (used an GrabCAD model for testing only):

Tim Wolf

Without Motion Blur:

PhilippeV8

You used linear motion blur ... you should use radial blur ... I've been trying that but with PS, I can't get a good effect yet.  This is tricky stuff