wrapping a fabric texture around a 3d form

Started by thecuster86, February 02, 2012, 04:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecuster86

All,

I spent some time last night trying to get the fabric texture to work properly and can't seem to get it right! I produced this image using a box map, but if you look at the seat there are some major issues with the scaling. I tried importing the seat as a mesh and a .3dm file, but both gave the same result. Any suggestions or tutorials out there that might help me out?

guest84672

I suggest you put the those pieces on a separate layer so you can control the mapping individually.

dvnc9

new here 8),dont know how to link an image,sorry. :-[
but if u can see the attachment and that shows same problem as u had,there s 2 ways to solve it:

1,if u use Rhino to create the file(.3dm),u can adjust it in Rhino "property">"placement" card,the icon of "property" is a color ring beside the "layer" icon in the main toolbox.in this card u can choose how to place the texture map such as in box/UV/...,and if u choose a method which isnt the default one,u can find two buttons"equalize"&"size to obj"when u scroll the list down,try these buttons u will know which one can solve the problem,in most case "equalize" will work.
2,easy way to adjust the placement in keyshot,material>texture card blow the "position" button u can find a list as box/UV/....,try it and maybe u can make ur placement correct.but if u skip 1 and just adjust it in keyshot,the method"UV" will not work because this way keyshot loads the information of the surfaces by Rhino. 
Apologize 4 my English expression,and my Rhino version is in Chinese so maybe the translations got a little different.
however,really hope i can help u.

Liu

thecuster86

dvnc9 - it added the pic just fine, but your 2 ways to solve it are cut off. It seems though that you've figured it out!

dvnc9

ooops,,really new here :-[,but ive finished it. ;)