Main Menu

Cameras

Started by m2tts, February 10, 2012, 06:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m2tts

I'm sorry, but the interface for saving and naming cameras is extremely not intuitive. Just how do I know I've saved a camera? Does the + button save as well as create a new camera? When should I hit that + button: when I want to save my current view; or when I want to create a new view from a different angle? Convention says I should save the camera AFTER I get it into the position I want; I am constantly confused by what appears to be arbitrary + and - signs. Why can I have multiple instances of the same camera name in the drop down list? Why, when I lock a camera does it not stay locked? When I lock a camera and pick another one; move around a bit; then pull my saved camera down from the list that I had previously locked, it is now unlocked. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a lock! Take SW as an example: when you create a SW camera it is locked by default. It only saves a camera when you specifically create one, not just roaming around the model. I only want to see cameras in the drop down that I have specifically saved.

This has really been a rant. Thanks for letting me vent.