Help Needed

Started by Caitcuta, February 20, 2012, 02:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caitcuta

Hi Guys, I was wondering if there's someone who could help me. I convinced work to purchase keyshot a few months ago and it's been brilliant for us. I've just hit a bit of a problem though, I'm trying to render a simple painted sheet metal product but I can't get it looking realistic at all, we sell hundreds of similar products so I was hoping to render them all which saves us having to unpack and photograph everyone which is obviously costly and time consuming.

I thought it would be really simple but I'm struggling quite a bit with it. I'm not experienced with keyshot so I'm hoping someone here could help me out, I'm not able to post the files on here but I can send the keyshot file over through PM. I can also send a real photo of what the product looks like (taken in a studio)

Thanks alot.

guest84672

Send it to me - thomas@luxion.com - and we will take a look. Most likely it comes down to a matter of lighting the object correctly.

Thanks,
Thomas

jhiker

What's the problem - is it the paint finish or the lighting?
I find it's often best to apply a subtle texture, maybe an orange peel or something in order to prevent the paint finish looking too 'glossy'  or too 'flat'.
Let us know what aspect of the render you're not happy with.