Main Menu

j12 - animation

Started by fario, March 06, 2012, 02:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fario

hello,

a small video, but unfortunately I can not seem to have the same quality of diamonds that Ed  in his video "Diamonds & Gemstones"

diamonds are deficient in colors fire.

thanks in advance for your help.

10 hours to calculate this animation. :-\

Antoine

youknowwho4eva

The second hand looks to be going a little fast :-P other than that, it looks really good. Another thing about the second hand, does the movement move smooth like that? When I had the beta of 3 I wanted to do one where the hand jumped from second to second. But alas I never got to.

guest84672

Antoine - it all is a matter of your lighting environment. You may also try and change the Abbe number to a smaller value to "force" more fire into the diamond.

Ed

The camera is pretty far away from the subject, so I would not expect to see much detail in the stones.  I would zoom in closer.

Thomas is correct - The HDR makes a big difference for diamonds.  You want an HDR that has many light sources rather than a soft diffused (cloudy day) light source.  I have an HDR called Retail Store that works well for diamonds.  I believe it's one that is included with KeyShot.

And again, adjust the diamond's Abbe setting from the default if you want more fire.

You may find that an HDR that is optimum for the stones is not optimum for the subject (watch).  In this case you can render the stones only with HDR#1, and the subject with HDR#2 and combine them in your video composting program.

Ed