Keyshot 3.1.26 is not opening

Started by cadman3, March 16, 2012, 09:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadman3

Hi,

After watching a webinar on the new the upgrade for keyshot i decided to download it (originally running an education edition) but now it wont open.

No matter how i try to open keyshot, be it via the desktop shortcut or a previous file, it begins to start up, loads onto the taskbar but then nothing. 3 little boxes load in the top left corner but then disappear very quickly almost as if it has crashed.The icon remains on the taskbar but there is no window open where i should be able to work on my model. If i however hover over the icon i can see in the preview of the screen it provides that it opened, but instead has a black screen where the models would be found.

There was no existing problem with the programme as i was using it perfectly fine 20 minutes before i upgraded.

Have i downloaded an upgrade that wasn't intended for the educational edition (even though i was prompted for this download) or is it a bug? If i have managed to download the wrong one can i restore the old one?

Either way i need a fix so any suggestions/solutions will be greatly appreciated as i have my deadlines in a months time!

guest84672

You may want to completely uninstall KeyShot, and then reinstall the full installer.

mherringer

I'm having the same problem.
Uninstalled software completely and did a full install.
Error message and will not load.
At least version 2 still works.
-mherringer-

KeyShot

guest84672

What error message are you getting?

cadman3

@mherringer

Im running windows 7 64 bit, are you the same?

I havent uninstalled so i havent got the error message yet!

Could we uninstall and download keyshot from scratch? or would this have the same problem as the full installer?

Tom

guest84672

Yes, we are running the same. Do a complete uninstall, and download the full installer and run it.

cadman3

Have done the uninstall and completed the full installation but i have the same problem as before....back to square 1.

Any ideas?

cadman3

i have uninstalled and re-installed again but this time i noticed that when i install it instead of it saying executed or extracted during the installation process instead it says skipped?

Anyway for the time being i have managed to go back to the old version...

i could do with a way of fixing this though because i need to take advantage of the metallic flake feature...

again any help is greatly appreciated

guest84672

what is the error message? can you share a screen shot?

mherringer

Thomas
I'm running on a windows XP 32 bit.
I was successfully running the first release 3 issued, it gave me this error message, but would load.
I attempted the update, and then it wouldn't load after this error message.
I then uninstalled, and re-installed the new version 3. Still not getting past this error message.
Thanks
Mark