Main Menu

1913 Model T Racer

Started by feher, March 17, 2012, 08:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Here is another great model from Bill Gould. Model can be found at Turbo Squid.
I picture this car racing down at Daytona with sand flying everywhere.
Still working on getting a person in the car so that Daytona image will have to wait until that is done first.

Enjoy
Tim

CAClark

Very cool model, and nicely presented!

Cheers!

Esben Oxholm

Really nice lightning! How did you make the nice sharp shadow?

feher

Thanks glad you like it.
As far as the hard shadows it's all about the HDRI you use. Also if you turn up the contrast on theenvironmentt your shadows will get darker and sharper.
Tim

Speedster

Nice, Tim!  I've always liked this racer, with the "streamlined" Livingstone radiator and grill.  Really a speed demon!  I notice that the paint has a roughness to it, kind of like a cast or powder coated finish.  They were always really smmoth and shiny, in that they used enamel paint, usually "flow sprayed' on, then rubbed out.  I sure wish there was a decent SW figure available!  I've tried, and it's really tough modeling in SolidWorks.
Bill G

feher

Hi Bill,
Well what I wanted to do was just put a tiny bit of texture but as you see it was too much. I'm rendering it again as I type with no texture so it can be smooth as a baby's butt.
Tim

feher

Updated image. Fixed paint and changed the type.
Tim

Skint

Much nicer Tim!

Excellent modelling Bill.

Speedster

Perfect as always!  The color is spot on for a popular one that was not quite red and not quite orange.  It was often used with yellow-ochre trim.  LOVE IT!
Bill G