Now note the following under the "solidworks section":

Requirements

SolidWorks 2011  THIS IS NOT WORKING RIGHT IT KEEPS DELETING HALF MY POST

SolidWorks 2011

cash68

SolidWorks 2011  2012
    KeyShot 2, KeyShot 3
    Windows XP, Vista, 7 32/64-bit

It clearly says 2011-2012, right next to a Keyshot 2 "Plugin", yet some KS representative just informed me that it will never read 2012 files!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent months last year getting Keyshot approved to be part of our design process, and now it won't even work with the newest version of Solidworks?!  I have converted most of the students when I was in school to Hypershot, convinced our studio to switch to Keyshot, and now it won't even work even though the freakin' website says it will!!!!!!!!!!!!

KeyShot

The KeyShot 2 plugin does work with SolidWorks 2012. KeyShot 2 does not import SolidWorks 2012 directly, but the plugin does not require this as it sends the model directly to KeyShot 2 from SolidWorks. KeyShot 3 does import SolidWorks 2012 models.

guest84672

The plugin will allow you to transfer Solidworks data directly from within SolidWorks. Please activate the plugin using Tools > Add-ins, and check KeyShot.

Thanks,
Thomas

cash68

It DOES NOT WORK.  I have tried installing the plugin many times, I have tried dragging the DLLs onto Solidworks, I have gone to file-open-filetype addin-pointed it to c/programfiles/keyshot/plugins/solidworks and tried to add it that way....

if you have any ways to guarantee the DLLs get recognized by Solidworks I'm all ears.

KeyShot

Please contact support@luxion.com, so we can help you directly.

bepster

I have a similar problem, I think and posted my specs in the Plugin forum.

Please advice there as "contact support" doesn't really help me.

Thx.

guest84672

Support will be able to help you - they can take a look at your setup if necessary.

@cash68 - Inside SolidWorks, can you see the add-in under "Tools > Add-ins" in the main tool bar?

cash68

Yeah, I got it working eventually.   I am pretty sure the main issue is directly related to Win7's security "feature" that makes most users "stupid" users.   Our IT guy made us all some form of idiot user, but then told us the admin/login password so we can install/modify things as we need.    I think the issue is that even IF I run the installer for this plugin as an adminstrator (right click, run as admin) it still isn't working for some reason because I'm logged in as a regular user, not an admin.  I tried copying and pasting the keyshot.dll into the plugins folder located in Solidworks.....  as well as in the keyshot folder in plugins.

Basically... I think what's screwing this up is that instead of telling us WHERE exactly to put the .dll file manually, it tries to auto put it somewhere, and that doesn't work.  I'm running win7, 64 bit, and I'm running Keyshot2 64 bit.   

When I hover over the keyshot 2 add in (in the Add-Ins window of Solidworks), it gives me a path of C://program Files/Keyshot 2/Plugins/Solidworks/bin64/keyshot2.dll

In the future instead of an installer, it'd be nice just to have a text file, the .dll, and instructions on where to put it.