Develop3D Live - Recommendations for Similar 2012 U.S. Conferences?

Started by br3ttman, March 21, 2012, 10:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

br3ttman

I just ran across the Develop3D Live conference opportunity a couple weeks back and thought "what a cool 3D development related conference".  I dang near had my boss convinced to send me, but it was just too short a notice.

Any other similar 3D development conferences that our community would recommend coming up yet in 2012 whether here in the U.S. or abroad?  I'm aware of Solidworks World (but it'd be nice to be able to see more than just this CAD development package).  I also have looked at upcoming Siggraph events, though those seem to be geared a little heavier towards animation.  As an Industrial Designer, CAD and render nut, I'm looking for conferences highlighting a variety of CAD and rendering technologies, presentation and post processing techniques, and fast visualization through 3D printing and/or machining.

Any Recommendations?  Thanks!

Josh3D

The KeyShot team had a great time over there. I think a conference like this in the states would be huge. There are a few general product design conferences, the IDSA events that we also attend, but nothing that really brings the level of product development insight and mix of tools like this one.