Testing an HDR with my Indy car

Started by Speedster, May 20, 2010, 07:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Back in March "rafita" shared (HDRI's on the directory) some HDRI sources from crazy8studio- they are really neat!  I dusted off my SolidWorks model of the famous 1927 Miller 91 front-wheel-drive Indy car, and tested the HDR called "track".  Today "hagey" shared his renderings made with "rockhall", I believe.  These are really high quality environments well worth looking at.  Bear in mind that they are free, and protected by a Creative Commons License.

I did Photoshop out some unwanted traffic cones and light standards, but otherwise they are just as rendered.  It's rare to find an HDR that's such a perfect fit.

Visit www.crazy8studio.com

Side note: I'm often tempted to rent a motor home and spherical camera, and "hit the road" for a couple of months.  We really need a broader choice of HDRI's and backplates.  Like a "curving bridge high in the American Rockies", or a "real" racetrack.

Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com

EGON

Great work Bill ! The only thing I would fix is the tires. They look like they are not sitting on the ground. I run into the same problem.
Egon