Keyshot Pro render queue not working on Windows 7, flakey on OSX 10.6

Started by sdesaulles, May 21, 2010, 07:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdesaulles

Hi, I wonder if anyone out there has either had the same experience or can help on this one.

I have a MacPro 8 core that has W7 64 bit running under bootcamp as well as OSX 10.6.3 on the Mac side.  The normal HD features now seem to work fine having edited the XML files to direct things to and from the right places, but....

On the OSX side, the render queue sometimes works, seemingly for simple stuff - I did a model of a dice and that worked fine, however, when the model is more complex it seems totally hit and miss.  Sometimes it overwrites all the previous renders in the queue, sometimes no result at all.

On the W7 64 bit side the render queue does not work at all.  Given that ProE, SolidWorks and Alias are all on the W7 side it is really dull to have to keep rebooting ant setting of the 'may work may not work' render queue on the OSX side.

I did contact support, and initially they were very helpful in sorting out issues and pointing me to the XML file as the place to edit locations.  But since I last asked for help getting the render queue working back on the 6th May I've had no response, two weeks on I really need to get this working or I might as well just have the copy of HD I had previously in Hypershot.  So perhaps a user out there might be able to assist - any advice much appreciated. 

Stephen

guest84672

I apologize for the unresponsiveness as of recent. We are still digging into this as we are having a hard time reproducing this, in particular on the Windows side.

We are working on it.

Thomas

n8k9ek9

I'm unable to open KeyShot2 at all.  The startup screen pops up and freezes at "setup".  I'm running Windows Vista 64 on Bootcamp with a 4 core processor.

Nate

guest84672