Render Types

Started by 7712sdb, April 13, 2012, 01:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7712sdb

Can someone describe to me, in layman's terms (I am definitely that) the benefits of each render type are please:

Maximum time
Maximum samples
Advanced controls

What do they do and what are the benefits/drawbacks of each?

Cheers!

PhilippeV8

Go to MyDocuments/Keyshot3/Manual

from there I get:

Maximum time
The maximum time method of image/animation output will progressively refine the render for the amount of time set.

This mode uses the same rendering technique as what you see in the realtime view. This technique is also used in maximum samples mode, but differs from the method used in advanced control mode.

When rendering an animation, you may set the maximum time for each frame to render, or set a total duration for the entire animation.

Maximum samples
Maximum samples mode controls how many times the image or animation frame will be calculated and refined. Each additional sample will further smooth out noise/grain in the image.

This mode uses the same rendering technique as what you see in the realtime view. This technique is also used in maximum time mode, but differs from the method used in advanced control mode.

Advanced controls
does not use the relatime rendere.  Here you can define different settings for the offline renderer.  More info on this is in the manual.