Materials Change Reset Properties - opacity & normal map KS3.1.48

Started by Pasu, April 13, 2012, 04:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasu

Hi Keyshot Team-

I just ran across a new (to me anyway) bug.  I had an aluminum circular mesh material as a starting point, with bump (normal) and opactity maps enabled.  They were sync'ed and both set to box map.  I found that if i changed the basic material properties - change the color from say black, to white, it will disable or reset the opacity map, and reset the scale value for the bump map.  It also changes the mapping mode - often resetting it to UV coordinates. 

I was able to replicate this several times, and found that if I tried to return the settings manually, eg: re-enable opacity map, change mapping mode, and re-sync to the bump map, it would not resolve the issue.  Instead of distributed holes, it would stack into vertical lines, with multiple holes overlapping. 

Undo was also not effective, it would change the material color back to original, but the mapping problems remained.  The only solution I found that worked was to revert to an earlier save of the file.  Disabling bump and opacity and reloading was also not effective. 

Bugs aside, the opacity map feature is great.  Even with this setback, it's still much more effective than modeling the features in. 

Thanks!

guest84672

Pasu

Great!  Thanks for keeping the features & fixes rolling out.