Main Menu

Renson Algarve

Started by PhilippeV8, April 25, 2012, 07:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

Old version vs. New version ...

The old version used quite a bit of photoshop work ... but that becomes a pain if you have to render this image in max resolution for printing on a billboard and your photoshop additives have limited resolution ...
So the new version uses no photoshop work.

guest84672

I like it - your new patio? ;-)

PhilippeV8

Ow how many times, while working on this project, haven't I thought ... "i wish i was there now ............" ... even if it was with a laptop working on the exact same project :p

feher

The new and improved version much more believable. Nice work.
I use to do alot of retouching, but, now I spend more time up front in Keyshot tweeking the materials so I don't have to retouch. In the end I spend about the same amount of time on an image. The difference is I'm in Keyshot more then Photoshop. Why do the work when you have Keyshot that will do it for you....lol
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Speedster

I so agree with Tim.  Learned my lesson last week when I did a client rendering, created my various passes, a clown pass, the whole nine yards.  Then brought everything into Photoshop for final comp and tweaks.  I sat there looking at the image, and guess what?  There was nothing to do!  KeyShot did it for me!  So I dumped the PS file and sent the image off.

I use PS now more for prep of textures, backplates and the like.  But PS can be very useful if you plan your KS flow in anticipation of changes or tweaks.  But, as with good photography, it's "all up front".  "I'll fix it in the darkroom" is simply not the way to approach your craft.

Bill G

guest84672

PhilippeV8

The very most imporant reason to do all the work in KS is this one ... if you ever want, or someone else requests, another camera angle ........................... you can guess the rest ;)