Keyshot shut down when...

Started by Francois KALIFE, May 01, 2012, 01:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francois KALIFE

I try to sync materials properties between them : specular + bump : is I try to change the size of my material, to program shut down.

I have 16 GB of memory, so... I don't understand...

guest84672

Francois KALIFE

Yes, when I try co make a complete material (with arroway textyre stones for exemple)...

let's take an exemple of some tiles : diffuse map (low res), specular map (low res) dans bump map... All the same size.

Sometimes you see that your tiles are too big for your scene... so I "synchronise" them (scale), and when I touch the button "scale'", Keyshot shut down...

Look at the exemple below : my wall stone should be bigger then this, but I have no choice : If i modved the scale of these elements, keyshot shut down immediatly (each texture is aboit 500 ko...)

I tried 3 times, verified if there is a software uptdate... nothing...

guest84672

RoyWingspan

I've run into the same problem.  I have a texture color and texture bump that I try to scale then sync and it crashes for me.

The image sizes are 594kb and 1.71mb respectively and are the same image except one is the normal map.  Syncing the images is fine up until I try to change the scale.  If I scale one then add the other, the moment I sync them it crashes as well.  I've tried both images as JPGs and PNGs and they still crash.

The crash report gave me the following:
Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WER4422.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
  C:\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD8E3.tmp.appcompat.txt
  C:\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD8F4.tmp.mdmp

Speedster

Ditto trying to change the intensity of a decal.
Bill G

PhilippeV8

I do get some hangups when moving object around with the gizmo.
Also had hangups on a file when trying to change the scale, but I felt it was somthing in the file that corrupted, more than it's the software ... or is this not possible ?

Speedster

I also get gizmo hangups, like "stickyness".  But I'm finding the most frustration with placement, as the sliders are very coarse, and cursor control is sticky.  Very small (perhaps could be set in User Preference?) increments would help, or a thumbwheel.  Entering numbers is very tedious for accurate placement, and often, when it's finally correctly placed, it suddenly jumps somewhere else and you have to start over.  I think all texture and label issues need to be carefully addressed.
Bill G

Francois KALIFE

Sometimes the gizmo works fine, but when I try to change the size or something else on the panel, KS shut down...

Ed

" ... sliders are very coarse".

I've also noticed some of the sliders and gizmo positioning are too coarse for my taste. 

How about a mod to make them scale by a factor of 0.2 (or whatever works) when you hold a key down?  That way you could get close with the slider, then fine tune while holding a key down. 

Same feature could work with mouse movements too.  Hold a key down to make it ultra-precise.

Ed

Francois KALIFE

RoyWingspan

I can't really tell why it's shutting down on some occasions and on other occasions it's working fine. I've actually worked around it by applying an existing material with a mapped texture like the wood materials and then replacing those with the textures I want to use.  It's been pretty effective so far.