Rendering-Abed Sabeh-Elegant

Started by abedsabeh, May 01, 2012, 11:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abedsabeh

New renders with shattered glass in Maya.

CAClark

Some lovely renders, though I personally find the water and glass stuff distracting, and prefer the ones focussed on the watch more :)

Cheers!

Speedster

They are all stunning!  I don't mind the glass and stuff at all- it's very creative.  I do have a question, though.  Knowing how the dial is mapped, how did you get those concentric rings?  I presume it's a texture image with bump?  Very effective.
Bill G

abedsabeh

Yes it is Bill. I used the front shot to get the perfect UV map, then I created a normal map in Photoshop.

Speedster

QuoteYes it is Bill.
That's what I figured, and it's the best use of a normal map I've yet seen.  Thanks for sharing!
Bill G

abedsabeh

Time to focus on some animation since I have free time at the moment. A teaser for you to enjoy!

abedsabeh

Ed

Abed - all your work is amazing.  The bar is set very high in this contest.

Ed

PhilippeV8

This one looks like it's been in a freezer overnight :p

The level is high indeed ... soon Seiko, Rolex, Festina, Rhodania, ... are going to contact us all to work for them  ;D

abedsabeh

Philip, I created this mat used material, I found it interesting and it has a new look.

Next.......

guest84672

abedsabeh

Thanks Thomas!

Here is another render.

abedsabeh

Below is the watch animation video link. It wasn't easy for me since I always use Maya in my animations. I hope you like it.

http://youtu.be/vszhCYhMq9w

CAClark

I'd love to see the last render without the glass, as the lighting looks lovely on it. The animation looks excellent, though a little long. I reckon 1m 30s would be an optimum duration IMO.

Cheers!

abedsabeh

Thanks for the comments CAClark!

Maybe a couple of renders without the shattered glass will make you happy :)