confused of the three views in keyshot

Started by nav123, November 23, 2011, 02:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeyShot

Can you try to uncheck the GPU under advanced in the preferences dialog and let us know if that works?

Imz

Hmmm.... Maybe use a legit copy of KS?  ;)

mcd

Quote from: Imz on January 30, 2012, 02:12:17 PM
Hmmm.... Maybe use a legit copy of KS?  ;)

And that helps because??

Of course i have legit copies! And it wasnt cheap either....

guest84672

Does this happen every time, or only when you are in full screen mode? Are you using the "auto-fullscreen" function in Win 7?
What graphics card are you using?

immortal

I am having the same problem with keyshot 3.1.48 64 bit running on windows 7 with a core I7, 16GB RAM and and ATI Firepro V4800 Graphics card using driver version 8.911.3.3.  When the render window is maximised or nearly maximised, the display becomes corrupt in the same way as the above images.  The problem goes away if GPU is unticked.  Equally the problem goes away if the window is less than about 80% of maximised.

I emailed support about this problem and received the following reply:

"Hi Martin,

There must be an issue with the driver. Not sure if an older driver would work better for you or not, in your case. When disabling the GPU, you no longer have access to the "effects" of Bloom & Vignetting. The actual render should look the same though. So, you have a few options. If it were me, I wouldn't run it maximized as it takes longer to res-up."

Basically I'm being told the that fix for this problem is to not run maximised.  This is not particularly helpful.

PhilippeV8

OR you could run without GPU, and if you need bloom or vigneting, you enable GPU and keep your window 80% ................

immortal

QuoteOR you could run without GPU, and if you need bloom or vigneting, you enable GPU and keep your window 80% ................

Yes.  This is how we are using it at the moment and in reality it has no effect on the usability of the application except that it has to be restarted everytime the GPU status is changed.  However in principle I do not think it is right for support to say, "If the function you're using doesn't work then don't use it".