Main Menu

Racing Disk Brake

Started by Mark_84, May 06, 2012, 03:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_84

Hi!

Just wanted to post a simple design of a disc brake system, although the caliper is not finished yet I wanted to share it with you in order to gather some tricks and tips for the final render.

What do you think? Does it look real?  For me it's still looking very flawless, very unreal...I think I need to work on the details, rust (maybe place some lug bolts), scratches (although I've placed some already), dirt etc.

Any improvements you would make?

Thanks a lot guys!

Mark_84

swashbuckler

The only suggestion I would give is from the modeling standpoint; make sure all your edges all have some form to them.
Since everything has to be tooled, machined, or manufactured in some way, edges become more realistic with some sort of radius, chamfer, or finished edge.
You can give more character to the model by adding slight surface defects, but thinking about the manufacturing process also may give you some ideas to add more realism.

That's my two cents :)

Mark_84

Noted down.

You're right man, the truth is that I've modeled this in a couple of mornings so some dimensions were randomly assigned.

What about the render itself? Light, Tone, Colours, etc ?

Thanks swashbuckler!

EGON

I like this a lot.The modeling and texturing is great. It just looks dull. I think you could really bring it out in post. Or try boosting the contrast and lowering the gamma in settings.

Mark_84

Thanks EGON!

Let me work on your remarks and I'll post the results as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for your comments and contributions,

Josh3D

I'm thinking that maybe it was laying down, like in a product shot or on some concrete as if you were getting ready to install it.

Josh

Mark_84

Well, emmh...Although not my cup of tea, I think this will do the job.

I could have worked a little more on it..I know, but it's ok as is for now  :P

Maybe a dirty concrete floor will do the job for the next time, who knows, let me figure it out this next weekend and maybe I'll post something new.

I'm waiting for your contributions! :)

voxelman

Aren't Brembo caliper covers supposed to be red? The caliper covers on my 2007 Honda Civic Coupe are red and my wife says it works just like toenail polish on a woman.

Mark_84

Some friends of mine own both an S2000 and a Civic Type R with OEM white calipers.

They look more or less like this one: http://bit.ly/MxObJK

Thanks for your contribution!