AUDI RSQ .. soon to be completed

Started by tsunami, May 11, 2012, 02:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsunami

Did it with catia for main surface parts, and some others on Ug, and assembled on Ug..
still to be finished...

EGON

Same problem as the disk brake. Dull.

feher

Sweet model EGON. Working in Catia too.
Can't wait to see your final image.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

tsunami

Hm..but what do you think about images renders? could be accetable?
<thx

EGON

Acceptable. Is that what you are going for? In that case, these are acceptable.

feher

Tsunami,
I'm sorry I got mixed up and I thought this was something EGON did. Thought he was going into the world of Catia.

Again the model is sweet ! The rendering are acceptable but seeing your modeling skills, I think you can give them that extra pop.
Would love to see you push this more. IMHO
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Josh3D

Yeah, I think this could look really sharps with some higher contrast backgrounds. The composition could use some more depth/perspective perhaps. It's a hot looking car though!!

PhilippeV8

I think the top most render is the best of these ... they do look kinda dull indeed.

Look at the "Durango RT" in this forum ... it's lighting is perfect.  You can see EVERY pinch and curve in the body-work ... and every pinch and curve has gotten equal attention when lighting and they have all been edited untill they look good.

You've got some highlights going on that do not have anything to do with the shape of your bodywork.  You've got sharp highlights in the reflective floor that are distracting ...

Don't want to sound too negative ... I have yet to create a good car-render myself :p  But I've seen quite a bunch of good car renders pass by this forum and I'm always looking at them trying to figure out "ok, what makes this render good".

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on May 14, 2012, 12:42:19 PM
I think the top most render is the best of these ... they do look kinda dull indeed.

Look at the "Durango RT" in this forum ... it's lighting is perfect.  You can see EVERY pinch and curve in the body-work ... and every pinch and curve has gotten equal attention when lighting and they have all been edited untill they look good.

You've got some highlights going on that do not have anything to do with the shape of your bodywork.  You've got sharp highlights in the reflective floor that are distracting ...

Don't want to sound too negative ... I have yet to create a good car-render myself :p  But I've seen quite a bunch of good car renders pass by this forum and I'm always looking at them trying to figure out "ok, what makes this render good".
Don't worry PhilippeV8, you are not negative, i'm here on thsi forum to improve my keyshot render use and get pratice with it, so all the comments are good to me, and all the answers get me better, for improve my work...so thanks for your comment..i will try to make better...following all comments on here...

tsunami

The last one render i got..Egon, that's better than last one?..a little bit?
thx

PhilippeV8

I feel this is better yes.
I'm not so fond of the black windows though ... it feels as you want to hide the interior (which might be missing from the 3D model ?) ... how about a nice white leather interior in there ?  With some blue or turquoise emissive fancy lights ?
How about a turquoise glof inside of the weel circle thing ?  (Or would that make it too much Tron ??)

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on May 15, 2012, 01:56:38 PM
I feel this is better yes.
I'm not so fond of the black windows though ... it feels as you want to hide the interior (which might be missing from the 3D model ?) ... how about a nice white leather interior in there ?  With some blue or turquoise emissive fancy lights ?
How about a turquoise glof inside of the weel circle thing ?  (Or would that make it too much Tron ??)
Well philippev8, i'm glad to know this a little better than older renders...
And yes , black windows because i still not made interiors, so will keep time for it. I made the model with some blueprints, and taking a look at other r8 cad models from different people.Mine is not perfect, but was hard and long to make;because usually i use Ug Nx7.5 in my work, but for some kind of surface modeling, Catia is still more friendly and good than Ug; Catia uses better bsurf and nurbs , and more easy with class A surface..
And i have still some problem using emissive fancy lights on keyshot...maybe i'm still not able to use them correctly...
???

feher

tsunami was kind enough to give me his bip to see what I would do with this.
Here is my first crack at it. I tried to pull out the body shape as much as possible at the same time trying to keep it interesting.
I could spend hours lighting this.
Enjoy
Tim

Shooter

Let me put it this way: PPPPPFFFFFFF GREAT :)

Nice model by Tsunami and great render by Feher, i'm so hooked with these car renderings that i'll put the time into finishing my bmw model and post here before 15 day license expires.

All the best,
Voya

tsunami

Quote from: feher on May 19, 2012, 08:45:13 AM
tsunami was kind enough to give me his bip to see what I would do with this.
Here is my first crack at it. I tried to pull out the body shape as much as possible at the same time trying to keep it interesting.
I could spend hours lighting this.
Enjoy
Tim
Hi Tim, waahh.. i like a lot your good render work!!....So Tim is not easy to lighting audi rsq right? ;)but i see a lovable work..
I like it!!! U like red color i think, because i see an your old render about Alfa Romeo Mito..with a good red color..
So how many postwork did u do on it with ps?..
Thanks