Main Menu

Durango RT

Started by feher, May 12, 2012, 08:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Lil something I threw together for your viewing pleasure.
Moofe Dome and Background.
HDRLightStudio 3.0 to enhance the dome
Keyshot Rendering
Photoshop for post.
Tim

EGON

Nice work Tim! Really like the windows.

feher

Thanks EGON. It's all about the dome.
Tim

CAClark

Nice model, but it does seem a little crisp and detached from the environment.

Cheers!

feher

Quote from: CAClark on May 13, 2012, 10:07:24 AM
Nice model, but it does seem a little crisp and detached from the environment.

Cheers!
CA,
So what do you think I should do. Do you think soften the vehicle ? or do you think it doesn't match the enviroment at all ?
Funny some say it fits and other say it doesn't. ....rrrr
As you know I will work on this again and see if I can please the masses.
I like it myaself but something does seem off.
Thanks for the comment.
Tim

EGON

Maybe getting rid of the photo frame would help.

CAClark

Maybe losing the frame would ease the appearance as Egon says, but I think softening the vehicle would be my first route as you mention. The other things which stands it out from the back plate and may be to do with the dome is that along the top profile of the wing/hood there is a dark line of pixels/jaggies. Softening it might well eliminate them anyway though.

Cheers!

feher

Thanks guys !!!!
CA I never noticed those darn jaggys. That is a rookie mistake.  :-[
I'll be back.
Tim

That's what I get for rushing and doing this in an hour.

Skint

Hi Tim, Great job!

One more thing that bugged me a little,  there seems to be some kind of split line or paint defect on the mirror.  The bottom section looks a little flat or less speccled.  Not sure if it`s just my amature eye missing the detail so apologies if so.

Ta!
Wayne

Shooter

Hi Tim,

I just want to say that i'm a huge fan of your work and love your car renderings.

Apart from dark/jagged edges around the car, and the most obvious lack of the tire sidewall texture, your car is way to big considering the backplate. If you take a closer look you have 3 big steps in the bakcground and then the wall on top of them. Average height of the brick is 6,5 cm and when you ad mortar its 7cm, multiply this by 4 and you're looking at 28 - 32 cm height for one step. Three steps is  cca 90 cm and the way the car shadow ends right in front of them it looks like your tires are 1,2 meters..... so the car is way too big :)

All the best,
Voya

feher

Skint and Shooter,
Thanks for the comments and your suggestions are being addressed.
New image coming soon.
Tim