Main Menu

Grass test

Started by Brian Townsend, May 14, 2012, 01:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francois KALIFE

Is it possible to have the BIP file to see what I can do with keyshot ?... You can send the link in private message of course, It will stay confidential...

But I would like to try some materials and hdri try on this scene...

Shooter

Hi Brian,

As promised, here's 9 different compositions. Hope you like them and please let me know your thoughts and comments.

All the best,
Voya

CAClark

Curiously to my eye the first set of adjustments you did looked more pleasing, though all are improved over the straight render, but the first set had a more photographic look IMO.

Cheers!

Shooter

Hi CAClark,

Thank you for your comments, i'm glad you like these images. It probably looks like that because the blacks are matched better in the first image (shadows in the foreground and background elements) but i've mixed up the images so that in every set there's one that has "the correct way" of doing compositing: match your blacks, match your whites, match the saturation and so on. On the rest of the images i've tried to put more blue hue in the background elements, to depict atmosphere and vast distance from camera, so some are more successful than others but the variety is good, right ? :)

All the best,
Voya