zomg 3.2= sneak peak of built in HDR Light studio????

Started by mmmster3d, May 23, 2012, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmmster3d

In 3.2 you can edit the lighting environments now.  Not a whole lot I'll say, but could there be more in the works? 

Dear Keyshot, should I hold off on buying HDR Light Studio??

guest84672

This has been introduced in KeyShot 3.1. It is an HDRI editor, compared to HDR Light Studio which is a full-blown HDRI creation and editing tool.

mmmster3d

Right.  I'm sure Keyshot could replace hdr-light studio if they wanted though with this HDR editor if they add options to add in lights like in HdrLS

I'm no program writer but it seems like they're heading in that direction, where they stop though I don't know.

Can't wait for Keyshot 4/ more updates to 3  ;D

Speedster

In my opinion, the beauty of KeyShot is how well it integrates into a suite of tools.  HDR LightStudio is a prime example, in that HDRLS, although a stand-alone app used to create and/or enhance an HDR, it sits right there in the KeyShot toolbox for immediate access, just as do the many CAD plug-ins like SolidWorks.  The KeyShot HDR tweaks are excellent for immediate and simple fixes.

My pipeline is SolidWorks, KeyShot, HDR LightStudio, Photoshop CS5, FilterForge, SimLab, Photomatrix Pro, Genetica and Quadrispace.  The first five are my normal workflow.  They all work together seamlessly, and provide my clients with many output options.

Personally, I think KeyShot is on the right track in concentrating on their core values and product, working in close concert with the other app developers to give us the tool mix we need for success.

Bill G