Main Menu

Fisker Karma electric car

Started by Shooter, May 23, 2012, 03:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shooter

Hi KeyShooters,

I was inspired by the work of Master Tim Feher so this is my FIRST ever try at rendering the car. Model is not mine, i've been told it's from manufacturer. I do have a large HDR library but not the backplates that goes with them (usually huge tiffs that are also mapped to the spherical environment), so this img has been completed with what was available to me (Keyshot sample HDR and backplate). Since there's always room for improvement, please fire away with your comments.

Thank you all for watching,
Voya

Philrider7

Amazing!!! Your image really make me focus on the car and appreciate it! Well done!

feher

I don't know about the Master title but I'm glad I inspired you to do a vehicle.
This is some amazing work ! Your focus is the car and that's where my eyes go.
This is a keeper in my book !!!!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Tim

I agree the focus on the car is amazing. 
Tim

Skint

Great image. Has a lovely fresh illustration vibe to it, and agree with the other comments on focus point.  Nice !

Shooter

Thank you all for your positive comments, it really means a lot coming from you guys. It was tricky to get the feeling that the car is almost coming/sticking out of the image, especially because you have that almost pure white sky on the original backplate (which was a bit distracting). This, combined with matching the perspective of a backplate got me spinning for a good hour :)

Anyhow, after more RnD i wasn't happy with several things:

1. Headlights have a small lamps instead of chrome trimmings
2. My original lighting setup has brought wrong highlights on the side skirts
3. The reflection above the front wheel-arch
4. Highlight above the back wheel-arch
5. The main car body line needed more definition

I've addressed these things and here's an updated version along with a screenshot of Keyshot in action, so you can take a closer look at the pins i've used to lit the car.

Thank you all again for being so supportive and i'm looking forward to your comments.
Best wishes,
Voya

P.S. I do think that Feher is a Master, after all, his work was incentive to create this rendering!

guest84672

Absolutely great. Send to our friends at Fisker. They are a KeyShot customer, after all.

Shooter

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for reply and i'm glad you like it. I wouldn't know who to contact at Fisker, so if you think that this is presentable to such an important client of yours, i'm gonna send you a high res img on a private board for forwarding purposes. I'll exclude signature etc so you'll have a clean image to send Fisker.

For everyone else here on the forum, i'm posting just a crop of the high res img so you can also fully enjoy the beauty of the car and all those fine intricate details :)

All the best,
Voya

Speedster

Voya, in my humble opinion, your painstaking work and resulting image has to rank on the "KeyShot Top 10" list! 

It's a real pleasure to follow your evolution on the Fisker- and I agree, "Master Tim" has pushed many of us to new levels in our persuit of excellence.  My only comment is that the final signature image may be cropped just a bit too tight, thereby losing the beautiful radiance of the backplate that you have so carefully captured in the reflections. 

Great job!

Bill G

Shooter

Speedster, WOW THANK YOU for your comment. It really boosts my confidence even more to do a one shot covering the back of the car (hopefully i'll get it done in two days because my demo license expires soon). The whole idea behind the cropped img is to let you see the details and it's pretty much useless for anything else (i've deliberately killed the composition). People from Fisker will be the only one who will get the full res img. I'm sorry but i have to do it that way, it can happen that they ask me to remove this thread, who knows.... Anyhow, thank you again for your support.

All the best,
Voya