Labels flickering in animation

Started by Simon N, May 24, 2012, 02:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon N

Hi. Just rendered an animation (a printed box) and found that on 1 of the faces the label appears to flicker on and off in some of the frames. Is there anything I can do about this? In truth it is not actually flickering on and off, but changing to a different part of the label and back again (it only lasts for 1 frame at a time).

Any advice on this would be much appreciated!

Thanks

guest84672

Is this with a simple turntable animation in 3.2?

Bruno F

Did you use Default, Background, or Network Rendering?

Simon N

Quote from: Thomas Teger on May 24, 2012, 07:07:19 AM
Is this with a simple turntable animation in 3.2?

There is a turntable part that flickers, although there are other translations where the flicker also occurs. I rendered out the individual frames and saw that occasionally a frame would have the altered label, which causes the flicker in the animation...

Simon N

Quote from: Bruno F on May 24, 2012, 04:28:14 PM
Did you use Default, Background, or Network Rendering?

I used just the default rendering.

voxelman

I think I'm seeing a related type of artifact. See the attached animation. Turntable default rendering.

guest84672

This is strange - did you keep the frames? If so, are you seeing this in the individual frames? What version of KeyShot are you using.

voxelman

I didn't save the frames but I will rerun the animation so that they are. Keyshot 3.2.32 64-bit.

voxelman

Yes, I see this in the frames. I'm wondering if this could be cleared up with some changes to the rendering parameters but I don't have time to fiddle with it right now.