Newest Rendering of Sir Arthur Heywood's Brake Van...

Started by Deacon, May 24, 2012, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deacon

Well it's not a sexy car or a glitzy watch, but this is my latest rendering (and first rendering post here) of the Brake Van designed and built in 1895 by Sir Arthur Heywood for the Duke of Westminster's minimum gauge (15" gauge) estate railway at Eaton Hall. Larger views of this rendering along with other renderings of the project in progress and photographs of the modernized prototype can be viewed on my site at http://www.roughboy.net/?wpb_portfolio=sir-arthur-heywood-brake-van. All drawings were completed in Autodesk Inventor Pro 2012 and rendered in Keyshot 3 Pro.

Paul

Skint

Looks very nice.  I have a feeling you are going to get along very well with Speedster Bill  :D

tsunami

Hi, nice work, and nice model also if it's older..LOL
Did u use an hdr static image for backplate or an environment?
The wood is real awesome rendered!!

Regards

Speedster

YEEESSSS!!!  Skint is so correct- Heywood's one of my favorites, and I'm glad to see someone doing his important contributions.  And a VERY good job, I might add!  Keep them coming!
Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com

Speedster

Wow- I just noticed your emulation of a transparency- even the notches are correct!  I well remember fumbling around in a changing bag!
Bill G

fario

Deacon

Thank you gentlemen. Your comments are much appreciated, especially from those who are so much more accomplished with Keyshot.

I was a little leery of posting on the forum as there is so much excellent work published here of more popular, mainstream subject matter. I work mainly with somewhat esoteric and archaic subject matter such as this Heywood project, items that tend to have a very limited and specialized appeal. Bill, I've done a fair bit of Heywood material to date which can be seen on my web site, both personal projects and work for clients. The next big Heywood project is a complete drawing of the locomotive "Katie" which I've been researching now for a couple of years. Now that the Van drawings are complete, it's time to tackle that project.

Tsunami, the background is an environment. That's an aspect of rendering that I'm still struggling with but have learned a great deal from posts on this forum.

Paul

guest84672

Tim

Paul,

Well done.  Your view is spot on.
Cheers,
Tim

Deacon

Here's the latest - created a new image of the skeleton view of the Van showing all the underbody detail and the hand-cranked brake mechanism. Larger views can be seen on my site.

Paul

guest84672

Very nice - maybe increase the Gamma in the Settings Tab a bit so the detail in the darker areas doesn't get lost.

Deacon