Please post images in a reasonable size

Started by Ed, June 02, 2012, 11:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Seems lately that the majority of images that get posted are enormous and require horizontal scrolling in spite of having a large monitor.

It's very hard to view and appreciate work that you can't see in it's entirety ( Yes, I know about dragging the image to the browser address bar - but do people really want to browse a forum that way? )

My $0.02

Ed

br3ttman

+1

I like reviewing the forum in the evening on my iPad. Having to scroll and pan and rescroll makes it tedious to view the images. Viewing the watch competition entries on Pinterest made it much easier to review multiple images and then look at larger if interested. 

Forum improvement idea?:  it'd be cool if any images uploaded to the forum were also automatically entered into a forum gallery. Visitors could then navigate the forum 2 ways, either by topic or by imagery.  ;)

br3ttman

PhillipeV8,

I followed your link above and saw your tip for dragging an image to address bar. Not quite the same on an iPad, but I found I was able to copy and paste the image into the bar for the same result. Nice tip!  Thanks!

voxelman

Quote from: br3ttman on June 02, 2012, 05:10:08 PM
PhillipeV8,
I followed your link above and saw your tip for dragging an image to address bar. Not quite the same on an iPad, but I found I was able to copy and paste the image into the bar for the same result. Nice tip!  Thanks!
I don't get how this works on the iPad. I can save to photos and view them full screen but is there some other feature in Safari I'm unaware of?

br3ttman

So in Safari on an iPad, to view a forum image full screen:  press and hold your finger on the image until the "Save Image/Copy" dialog box appears.  Pick "Copy".  Then go to the Safari internet address bar, hit the 'X' to clear the current entry, then press and hold your finger in the address bar until 'Paste' appears.  Select 'Paste' then hit 'Go' on the pop-up keyboard and the image will the be displayed full screen.  Touch the back arrow in the upper left of the screen to return to the forum.  Sure beats trying to pan and scroll to review the images.   :)