Main Menu

Car lighting

Started by PhilippeV8, June 04, 2012, 11:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

My job is nothing at all with automotive.  Yet I wanted to try one of these renders.  This is pure about lighting.

I've attached the model, textured, and with the default environement.
The second image is after customising the environement with pin lights.

(I know it needs some post work here and there, but I don't care about that now .. it's pure lighting of the bodywork)

Ok so what I want to know is .. is this any good?  Is my end result better than what I started off with?  How do I overcome the car washing away in the background ?  etc etc ...
Scores can be given from 1 to 10 !  ( I don't want a 0 :p )

tsunami

Philippe i'm interested in the same thing, and i don't know exactly how to proceed on the keyshot light setup..
A real quick render image too..
Regards

feher

Philippe,

White I feel is the hardest color to do.
Your paint is starting to look flat, you might have your metal coverage too high.
When creating your dome you need to put a little color in the lights, and use a light touch.
Gamma is your friend when doing a white vehicle.
one more thing your paint will have color in it too when you create the material.
Trial and error. I wish I could help more on this. Dome is Key.
Good luck.
Tim

abedsabeh

Hello, I would like to add something on what Tim said. In real life, there is nothing pure white. Always you see a tint of color or light gray, unless the white color is exposed to direct sun light and is reflective or a higher contrast and exposure, so you have to be careful setting up your material to get this realistic look. I hope this helps.
Abed