Main Menu

Apple Caramel

Started by abedsabeh, June 05, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abedsabeh

Apple with Caramel in a plate. Not 100% happy with the result, so I'm still working on the caramel material.
Comments are appreciated.

tsunami

For me it's a good starting, ....caramel material is still not "perfect" ;)..but looks good.
How did u model it?
regards

abedsabeh

Quote from: tsunami on June 05, 2012, 03:40:59 PM
For me it's a good starting, ....caramel material is still not "perfect" ;)..but looks good.
How did u model it?
regards

Modeled in Maya using nParticles and paint effects.

Josh3D

Really interesting model Abed! Looks like the caramel is floating off the apple, or rather, overlayed on top of it? Perhaps less caramel coverage and darker caramel?

Josh

abedsabeh

Here is another render.

Josh, it wasn't so easy to create the caramel. Later I will invest some more time on the caramel model, but first I am trying to achieve a realistic material.

feher

Oh boy, you are getting close with that last render. I still feel it's too shinny. Starting to look and feel like it has weight.
Keep going.
Tim

voxelman

Josh3D

I think it's the texture and roughness adding the weight. The images have nice, crisp reflections in them. Some interesting compositions too. This one is great. You may well become the caramel rendering master after this ;)

EGON

I think food should be photographed and styled by a food stylist.  CGI food just doesn't cut it for me. Looks weird. JMHO.